apex is a Perl-based web server that
is very easy to use
Note: Download links redirect to download pages
features for sysadmins:
- ease of use and simplified administration
- lots of configuration examples
- basic CGI commands can be placed inside the
- auto-home-page feature creates a default index page
automatically based on comments in the configuration file
- password-protected links using basic authentication
- password-protected directory listings
- new! initial
support for CGI.pm
- manage a home page by adding lines to the server's
- safely list password-protected directories and/or
- alias your links to hide directory paths
- easily test your CGI commands
apex runs on Windows as well as Unix.
apex is free software
distributed under the
GNU General Public License.
Apache is fast, but sometimes all you need is quick!
apex installs instantly and configures quickly. The auto-home-page
feature makes it an easy task to set up a simple web interface with a
few links (even password- protected ones). A less complex, more
task-focused design allows basic services to become web-enabled, safely
and quickly. No CGI knowledge is required for basic tasks.